Keeping the dream alive.

Freitag, August 26, 2005

Fly me to the moon.

//blogger managed to save the entry i typed last night afterall..yay to blogger! :)) //

nyeh.
haven't been online for ages.
not to mention blogging.
been real busy and real tired lately.
kinda busy at work.
working on a new colour formulation.
some turquoise colour..slightly darker than the crescent school skirt.
i aim to finish the colour by monday.
it's getting quite close already.
:))

removing stitches tomorrow!
can't wait.
cuz the left side's aching real bad..
i wanna know what's wrong!

anyhow.
i think i'm an old fogy.
O___O
i mean..
i'm 21.
and i have hobbies and interests of a 40 year old.
O____O
would you believe me if i say that i have better conversations with people above 40 who speak english?
i can't hold decent conversations with the 20++ year olds..who are grousing on and on about Project Superstar..if you even know what that is..and like..Hello Kitty and stuff..sighs..
and i've been having totally nice conversations with N(the malay worker) and E(the lab uncle).
been talking mostly about jazz and whats-not with N..
he likes beatles..i claim that they aren't in my generation..although i happily proclaim that Frank Sinatra is in my generation..
which earned me a nice laugh and smile.
and i had lunch with E yesterday..
forgot to pack my lunch.
walked the 10min trek with him under in drizzle with an umbrella with a small lobang..
long story.
nyeh..
we spoke about photography on the way there..
about the film SLR(he likes) and the DSLR(i like)..
and we spoke about his son and dogs and what-nots during lunch..
and on the long trek back..the topic was cookery programmes.
like jamie O and stuff.
and we talked about jazz singers and stuff too.
ladeeda.
and did i mention that he drinks wine too?
heh.
but he's kinda like abit addicted already.
to ciggies and alcohol.
-shrugs-

nyeh.
started a tips cup at work.
idea was given by the m'sian ah beng.
i wanted to write the words 'xiao fei' = tips on the cup..
but we've got no idea how to write 'fei'
so...he told me write 'xiao qian' instead..as in..small money.
amazing guy.
you've gotta love him.

and some guy told me to use a chair today, cuz i was cleaning windows which were slightly taller than me..
and i was tiptoe-ing.
and my m'sian ah beng told me to grab an umbrella because it was scorching hot and i don't want to be a 'hei ren' right?
nyeh..this wasn't the exact statement tho..
-shrugs-
the meaning's the same.. more or less.
i choose to think that they care about me!
instead of suaning me..which might explain the chair issue..
but..wells...they care about me!
don't want me to hurt my poor little toes tiptoe-ing and don't want me to burn in the sun.
ladeeda.
so yay to me!

anyway...
i really think that i've changed quite a bit in this one month..
my attitude for one has changed..
gone was the girl who wished that she would kenna fever, so that she'll be able to beg off from work..
i skip around work everyday..
hum songs and sometimes singing showtunes..
i print the sudoku puzzles to try at work..
i think of ways to get my colour assignments correct..

i've always had wings, but i wasn't ready to fly

and..
i always make it a point to say 'xie xie' and mean it when the workers pass me stuff..
and i do offer my sweets to the workers..
selected few i guess...but still...
nyeh.
i guess i'll offer them to like workers that i kinda like..
like the ah beng and 'Ok Ok' etc.
ah wells..
have i mentioned that i feel real damm good when i see the smile on their faces when i offer them sweets?
and like if they're paiseh, only 'Ok Ok' fits in this category tho..the ah beng is NEVER paiseh, they'll take only one sweet..and i'll just urge them to take more..
i mean..
i can afford sweets..
but they've got a family to feed back home..
and i'm working in an air-conditioned lab, having more of a vacation than an internship..
and they're out in the stuffy factory which reeks of solvent smells..
it really doesn't hurt me to be nice to them..
if a smile can make them feel happy..why not?

and i've also learn to laugh at the irritants in my company..
and sometimes..i even pity them..
pity them for not having any real friends in the company which they can talk about stuff outside work about..
the girl, Popeye, had her photo up on the noticeboard up there at the canteen, where the workers have their lunch at..
and within like 2 days..
her face was disfigured..
we, the rest of the lab, thought of possible culprits and scenarios, but she doesn't know about it..
i mean..it was pretty obvious..since now..only her mouth is visible in the photo..
and the other 2 photos without her are fine and intact..
in fact..the photo of her is fine and dandy, except for her disfigurement.
O__O
nyeh.
i feel sad for her.
especially when everyone knows about it..everyone..including my big boss.
and that's saying alot..since she's almost always in her bubble of executives and what-nots..
-shrugs-

0 Comments:

Add a comment