Keeping the dream alive.

Mittwoch, Dezember 07, 2005

Two worlds.

I reckon i'm living in a middle-class family.
middle-class bordering to the upper limit..to be exact.
I'm not ultra rich, such that i can always spend without thinking..
but i can afford to buy stuff impulsively once in a while without considering all factors.
The thing is.
i've always took it for granted..
because all my friends are like that.
that's how we are..
i really don't mind paying 20+bucks for a meal with a close friend..neither do i mind sweating it out at the hawker center for a 2bucks meal.
to me..it's always the company and the quality of the food.

recently, my lab girls have been commenting that i'm rich.
and i'm kinda irritated with it already.
i mean.
get over it.
it sounds kinda mean and stuff..
but i'm really sick of it.
i don't spend my money on branded stuff.
on perfumes, cosmetics, ipods.
i mean.
i do save.
and i should have a say on what stuff i wanna blow my cash on right?
i mean..
you take your cash and blow it on 2 $100++ pop concert..
that's your right..
but..don't complain that you're broke la..
and then when i say that i'm planning to get an O2 xda phone..
do not say that i'm rich.
i've been thinking about it for half a year..
and my phone is in a horrible condition.
and it's my 2nd phone..and i'll prolly not get any phones for like 4 years.
and when i comment that i would like to get a DSLR..
do not assume that i would be getting it immediately without any other considerations.
the DSLR is still under consideration.
when i mention that i enjoy wine drinking..
do not say...aiya...rich people wad..

grrrr.

if you don't wanna save your cash.
and choose to spend it on pop concerts, clothes, perfumes, cosmetics etc.
don't tell me that you're broke.
i sleep on my purchases to see if their viable or not.
I would rather make a few expensive but well thought thru purchases than a few expensive purchases that's currently hot or something.

That's the thing you see.
I can't stand that kind of talk.
So you see the figures in my bank statement.
but have you ever considered and thought about what your bank statement would be like if you didn't make that few reckless and worthless (to me at least) purchases?
This is me in the real world.
On a holiday, everything's different.
I've got a budget. and the aim is to use the cash in whatever way i want to.
Since it's of another currency, there's no point in saving it.
so..that's when i'll be a taitai shopper.

How come i don't get this shiet from my bengster kor?
I would think that he would be the one telling me all of that..
we are Worlds apart.
the gap is wide.
he gets 1k a month and has to feed his family.
i think that 1k a month is too little for a working adult, and i don't have to feed no one at the moment.
i reckon he hasn't been in a plane yet.
i've been on planes ever since i was 1.
He scrimps on his lunches.
I've never had to scrimp on food, unless it was because i had to save money to buy something i utterly couldn't live without, only to throw it aside after a few months.
And the thing is..
I would have taken such crap from him about me being rich and everything..
because he has a right to say that.
and i would agree with him..if he thinks that to pay $800+ for a handphone is too expensive.
and that i was spending money extravagantly.
to a person who works manual labour for a month to get his pay only to blow 80% of it on a phone, while he has a family to feed.
that's stupid.
and i agree.
that's why i don't mind treating him to lunch.
but his ego doesn't allow him to accept my treat.
:)
and that makes me look up to him even more.
i think i'm really treating him as a big brother.
and he would make a real cool brother.

isn't it funny how 2 persons from two different worlds can communicate together?
Call it an exchange programme if you will.
but it's a merging of cultures to me.
a breaking away from my bubble.

0 Comments:

Add a comment