Keeping the dream alive.

Montag, Januar 09, 2006

Das rote Couch Projekt - Horst Wackerbarth.

Was reminded of this topic during this breakfast i had with Daph sometime last year.
prolly 2-3weeks ago.

We were having a conversation about friends.

I never used to see it this way..
To me..
It was something normal, and it being normal dimished it's significance, I just took it for granted.
i never thought it strange that i would be able to have a conversation with friends that i haven't seen since dinosaur ages.

z.B.
I used to see my twin everyday in school, when we were in jc.
we were super duper close, hence we're twins.
rights.
she knows almost everything there is to know about me.
like..every little thing..
but..once we started uni, being in different faculties, her cca commitments, the clash in our timetables..
we never seem to be able to find the time to meet once a week, hence we could end up meeting each other only like after a few months..
which is considered really long.
but..
amazingly, we never seem to have any awkward moments when we meet.
It's almost as if we were still back in jc and all.
The time that we weren't in contact seem to just fade away.
and i reckon, that's what you experience with real friends.
i mean, when is friendship supposed to be demanding?
Friends are not supposed to be siamese twins, joined at the hip.
I know that if ever i need someone to talk to etc.
She'll be there.
and vice versa.
and that's what really counts.

Same goes for Jing, Pam, Agnes.
It's seems so surreal,
but during my internship period,
i did not call any one of them or mail random emails to them or posted any letters,
unless you count the postcard, which had free overseas postage.

Jing's horrible..
She's never online..and if she is...she's never around.
She never updates her blog..
and I'm too tired to call her..and i reckon vice versa.
But..
when she's back and we meet..
everything just gushes out..
and it's like she never left for Sydney for her 2nd year,
and i've never did went for my internship.

Same goes for Pam, and I reckon Agnes too.

And that goes for many other of my friends.

Oh yeah. the best example by far.
There's this guy friend whom i've known since...sec 2..till today.
and we met only 3 times in 7 years.
Go Figure.

So..i feel blessed.
To know that I've got friends who do not need constant attention.
For friends whom I can connect back with even after long periods of MIA.
I'm just thankful for friends.

Thank You and You and You and You for putting up with my constant nonsense.
my whining.
my quirks.
my randomness.
my silly stuff.
for putting up with me.
I loved you in the past years and i'll still love you this year...and hopefully in the many years to come.
:)
Do you love me too?

If one
thing matters,
everything
matters.

0 Comments:

Add a comment