Keeping the dream alive.

Samstag, Januar 28, 2006

Unionbay.


I've got a vintage camera!!
ha..
semi-vintage at least.
and it's a Nikon!!
:))
it's my daddy's..
haha...and the first camera i've ever laid my pudgy paws on..
and now it's officially mine AGAIN.

Isn't it strange how things you once deem as 'uncool' or 'old' or 'ugly' seems to redeem themselves after some time..
the thing is that..i wanted to find this camera so badly because it's OLD and UNCOOL...just that instead of old and uncool..it's now called 'vintage' and 'old school'
man..
we, humans are super fickle creatures.
I still remember the day when i was in primary school when i refused to bring this ugly, old, heavy camera to a school excursion..instead, i chose the other better looking olympus camera..which has zoom functions..
man..
and a couple of years later...i decided that the olympus camera was for wimps..and i wanted an SLR..which i have not bought to date..
and following that...i decided to go digital..
and bought my first digital camera..a nikon..
and now...though my fingers remain trigger-happy..
I'm a little bored of it..
because it's not challenging enough..
all the thinking that i'm doing is basically how to frame the shot.
everything else is fine..
my pictures will turn out fine 80% of the time at good lighting conditions..and slightly artistic in horrible lighting conditions.
-shrugs-

now..i need to go back to the basics..
my basics ain't really strong..
my SLR skills need plenty of work..
and i think that the excitment of developing a roll of film with no idea what you're gonna get when they're done.
i think i need that excitment..
i think i'm ready to take that step backwards.
i'm going back in time.
my first nikon.
i'm here darling!

0 Comments:

Add a comment