Keeping the dream alive.

Dienstag, Februar 07, 2006

You and Me.

I saw 2 boys downstairs today.
From what i know..
They're different as night and day.
Watching them,
I see us.

Like peas in a pod, yet different in so many other ways.
One's jovial, funny, reckless and forever happy.
The other's quiet, careful, sensible and forever pondering.
I see us.

I've always been the jovial one.
Getting myself into scrapes because of my recklessness.
Finding humour in every situation, thinking that the world will be bleak without the 'fun' element.
You're always the sensible one.
Getting me out of scrapes because you just have to bail me out.
Thinking of solutions to save the world, when i just try to save the world without much thought.
Careful about each statement you make, so as not to stumble me.
Listening to me when I blabber, complain, whine, or just chatter.
I see us.

The roles are reversed now.
I'm the mother goose.
You're the baby learning to walk again.
I'm not used to mothering, I'm used to be mothered.
I'm not used to being the logical voice among us, I'm used to be the voice that points the way to mayhem.
I see us.

I don't think I'm experienced enough to do good mothering, but by golly i will.
With every single compound, molecule, atom, quark in me, I promise to do my best.
I'll get you back step by step, we'll crawl again together.
I'm not going to leave you behind.
Never ever.
I see us.

The noisy needs the quiet, so that the world will know what is noise.
The sensible needs the reckless.
The thinker needs the do-er.
I see us.

Chin up.
Get your heart right.
Actions always speak louder than words.
Stop this procrastination cycle that we all fall into.
(I'm guilty of it too)
Prioritise.
You're going to get out of this slump.
And you won't be alone.
We'll grow together.
I love you!
-hugs-

0 Comments:

Add a comment